Institute for Functional Medicine Vice Chair Mark Hyman, MD explains the difference between conventional medicine and functional medicine, using the example from his own practice of a young girl with severe autoimmune disease. While the conventional medicine approach suppresses the inflammation in this patient, functional medicine asks and addresses the question of why the inflammation exists in the first place and looks at the scientific drivers (causes) of the disease, which include toxins, infections, allergens, stress and poor diet. Copyright IFM 2010.
- 10 (Wrong) Things People Somehow Still Believe About Women With Chronic Illnesses themighty.com/2018/06/women-… 2 days ago
- independent.co.uk/news/health/fa… 2 months ago
- This is how I beat my lupus & R.A.... treat the gut bacteria and it reversed my autoimmune issues. iflscience.com/health-and-med… 3 months ago
- A healthy microbiome is key to avoiding/reversing autoimmune issues. npr.org/sections/goats… 9 months ago
- RT @markhymanmd: Proper diet and lifestyle keeps the doctor away. Rule #1? Let food be your medicine. thenewpotato.com/2017/06/19/wha… @TheNewPotato… 12 months ago